‘Is your mix Boomy, Flat, Muddy, Unbalanced and just not right?
The problem is your room.
Fix your Room and you’ll fix your mix…‘
Sometimes something comes along that you just wish you had enough spare cash to throw away on.
I’d love to know if this works.
The ERGO is a digital room analysis/correction system designed to measure and analyse phase abd frequency problems within a listening environment.
There’s an article on Sound On Sound here
A great mix starts with a great recording room. But when it comes to achieving the most accurate mix, your room may have the upper hand. Like any room, your studio’s acoustics include offending frequencies and room reflections, and none of these are helping your mix. Getting a handle on these problems has traditionally meant the installation of soft foam or fabrics, and that’s a great start. But now you can get even closer to a perfect room, and a perfect mix, because the future of studio sound is here, and it’s called ERGO.
How cool is this? I mean it even looks cool doesn’t it?
‘The JamVOX, is an integrated monitor and software system that extracts the guitar from any MP3 and plugs you into the mix of their favorite bands.’ – I can see this being very useful cfor some guitarists although I am sceptical as to how effective it would be.
‘JamVOX gives guitarists instant access to dozens of legendary amps and effects all in one easy to use drag and drop software interface.’ – Now that’s the interesing part of this for under £150 you’ve got a USB guitar interface and a monitor plus software.
‘Alternatively, you can extract or isolate the guitar part, slow down the tempo, and practice any style of music without changing the pitch.’ – Again I am sceptical to the software but if you add up the interface, the monitor and the effects software then it’s a pretty hot deal.
So um yes it got added to my never ending wishlist.
Gonna need a bigger boat methinks…
Vox JamVox Jam & Practice Tool for Guitar JamVOX gives guitarists instant access to dozens of legendary amps and effects all in one easy to use “drag and drop” software interface. Revolutionary Guitar XTracktion (GXT) technology lets you remove the guitar part of your favorite song with the push of a button. Best of all, you can then take the lead yourself with instant rock star tone! Alternatively, you can extract or isolate the guitar part, slow down the tempo, and practice any style of music without changing the pitch.
- Revolutionary new GXT (Guitar XTracktion) function lets you cancel or extract the guitar part of an existing song.
- 19 famous guitar amps and 54 effect units ranging from vintage to modern are provided as software.
- Easy-to-use “drag and drop” interface enables guitarists to create their “dream guitar rig” without any advanced knowledge of amps or effects. Sound famous fast!
- A music player feature with convenient functions for jam sessions or practice.
- Import music files to jam along with from your favorite CDs, music library or MP3 player.
- A dedicated USB monitor speaker is included, and there’s no need for complex wiring or specialized knowledge of computer music.
- Two guitar play-along CDs containing 28 famous rock classics.
Guitar Amp Modeling Software and 2-in/2-out USB Audio Interface and Monitor with 19 Guitar Amplifier Models, 54 Effect Models, and Guitar XTracktion
JamVOX – an integrated monitor and software system that extracts the guitar from any MP3 and plugs you into the mix of their favorite bands.
JamVOX fulfills the dream of any guitarist who has ever wanted to ‘take the lead’ and play along with his favorite guitar heroes or band. JamVOX is the result of a collaboration between VOX Amplification guitar amplification and modeling engineers and a team of KORG electronic musical instrument and PC software developers. Simple three-step operation allows anyone to play the guitar in their favorite song by their favorite band.
- Step 1) Connect the dedicated USB monitor speaker to your computer and plug in your guitar: the JamVOX software will start up automatically.
- Step 2) In the music player, select the song you wish to play.
- Step 3) Set your favorite tone and play your guitar while listening to the song play back. Press the GXT button on screen and take the lead! You can press the Record button to record your guitar performance along with the song.
Ahh toys more toys and how…
Saw this yesterday advertised and how cool does it look?
SonicCell puts the power and legendary sound quality of a Roland hardware synthesizer on your desktop. With its dual SRX expansion bay, built-in USB audio interface, and ability to play SMFs and WAV/AIFF/MP3 files, SonicCell is a dream for computer-based musicians and live performers who seek a compact, integrated pro sound module and USB audio-interface solution.
- 128-voice sound module with new soundset, featuring super-realistic acoustic instruments
- USB audio interface functionality plus USB-memory host function
- SMF and audio data playback capability via USB host function
- SRX slot x 2
- PC/Mac Editor and Cakewalk SONAR LE bundled
This cool looking little practice amp is the definitive small portable amp. Great clean or overdriven vintage sound.
Louder than most mini amps with a real leather handle, belt clip and headphone jack. Volume, tone & overdrive controls. Powered by a 9V battery wish is included.
As you can see these dinky little amps come in three cool colours and the retro styling is a nice addition.
I’ve wanted one of these for a while now and so it has been added to my wishlist.
As far as how it sounds, well as soon as I get one I will be reviewing it.